Toastmasters International District 76 Japan Communication and Leadership Program since 1924
District76 Procedures (2016-2017)
In accordance with the requirements as explained in DISTRICT PROCEDURES on Page 12 of DISTRICT LEADERSHIP HANDBOOK, the District 76 Executive Committee Meeting is held on June 26, 2016, agreed on these procedures, which needed to be approved by World Headquarters.
A. District Officers
Administration Manager(AM), Finance Manager(FM), Public Relations Manager(PRM), and Area Directors are appointed positions．
District Director (DD), Program Quality Director (PQD) and Club Growth Director (CGD) will be called the Trio or Senior Officers.
B. Speech Contests
District 76 will conduct a Table Topics Contest in the fall of 2016, and the International Speech contest in the spring of 2017. Both of them will be conducted in English and Japanese.
District 76 allows areas with four or fewer clubs to send two contestants per club to compete in area contests.
District 76 allows divisions with four or fewer areas to send two contestants per area to compete in division contests.
C. District Executive Committee Meeting (ECM)
District 76 will hold five ECMs a year.
The ECM schedule and main theme of each meeting are as follows:
- ECM#1 will be held in June 2016
- • Greetings, introductions, and District Officer Training
- ECM#2 September 2016
- • Approval of District Budget
- ECM#3 November 2016, held during the District Fall Conference
- • Approval of 2015－2016 Audit Report
- • Report of appointed committee chairs and committee members
- ECM#4 January 2017
- • Approval of Club, Area, and Division Alignment draft 2017-2018
- ECM#5 May 2017, held during the Spring Conference
- • Approval of final Alignment plan 2017-2018
D. District Council Meeting (DCM)
District 76 will hold two DCMs per year.
The DCM schedule and main theme of each meeting are as follows:
- DCM#1 November 2016
- 1. Approval of appointed officers
- 2. Approval of district budget
- 3. Approval of audit report 2015-2016
- 4. Approval of alignment committee chair and leadership committee chair.
- DCM#2 May 2017
- 1. Approval of Alignment 2017-2018
- 2. Elections of new District Officers
Other District procedures may be added when the ECM adopts them and confirmed by World Headquarters